Alright, so as you might already know, the Windows 10 is the latest version of Windows from Microsoft for PCs. Well, it is the fastest and one of the most reliable one of them all. In fact, most of the PCs today have the Windows 10 installed on them just because of the fact how much fast and reliable it is. Not only that, the Windows 10 supports and offers a lot of features which were not their with the Previous versions of Windows. We should definitely say that the Microsoft has done a pretty good job with the Windows 10.
Anyways, it looks like that you are someone who is facing an issue on your Windows 10 PC. The issue we are talking about here is a popup to the right bottom of your screen saying Activate Windows go to settings to activate windows. Well, this popup can be annoying when you are someone who uses PC a lot and even share your screen. Anyways, today, in this post, we would be covering on How to fix go to settings to activate windows [Solutions]. Now, if that sounds interesting, let’s top into it. Should we?
Table of Contents
How to fix go to settings to activate windows [Solutions]
Now, here are some of our solutions which will help you in order to fix go to settings to activate windows [Solutions]. But before we get to that, we just wanna roll out a quick disclaimer that we are not promoting any kind of piracy with this post. This is just for educational purposes. We respect the hardwork microsoft and team put in to develop Windows 10. With that being clear, that being said, let us now take a look at the first solution to fix go to settings to activate windows. Should we?
Solution 1: Enter your Purchase Key
Now, if you are someone who has a genuine copy of Windows 10 with the license, then you can fix or actually solve this popup in just a few seconds officially. Here are the steps which you need to follow in order to do so:
- First of all, turn on your Windows 10 PC.
- Connect your Windows 10 PC to the Internet through Wi-Fi or LAN.
- Now, click on the Activate Windows popup.
- You should now be redirected to the Settings.
- Here, simply enter the product key which you got with your copy of Windows.
- Once done, simply click on the Activate button.
- That’s it! You have successfully activated your Windows 10.
Don’t have key? Well, no problem. We at the TechPew has got you covered. Take a look at our next solution.
Solution 2: Using .bat file
In this solution, we would be creating a remove.bat file in order to remove the Activate Windows – go to settings to activate windows popup. Here are the right steps which you need to follow in order to do so:
- First of all, you need to open the Notepad app on your Windows 10 PC.
- Now, copy the text below and paste it in the notepad app.
taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe
- Once done, go to the top bar and select File > Save as option in order to save the file as bat on your PC.
- Now, select Desktop and name the file as remove.bat.
- Select All Files (*.*) option from the dropdown menu and click on the Save button.
- Now, go to the Desktop on your Windows 10 PC.
- Right-Click on the remove.bat file you just created and select Run as admininstrator option from the context menu.
- That’s it! You should now no longer see the activate windows go to settings to activate windows popup on your Windows 10 PC.
Let us now take a look at our third solution to fix go to settings to activate windows. Should we?
Solution 3: Using Registry Editor
Now, in order to fix the go to settings to activate windows on your Windows 10 PC using Registry Key editor, you need to follow these steps carefully:
- First of all, you need to press the Win + R keys on your Keyboard to open the Registry Editor on your Windows 10 PC.
- Now, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop in the Registry Editor Window.
- Here, double-click on the PaintDesktopVersion file.
- Now, you need to change the value from“1” to a “”.
- That’s it, now save the changes and restart your Windows 10 PC.
- You should now no longer see the activate windows go to settings to activate windows popup on your Windows 10 PC.
So that’s it guys, this was our take on How to fix go to settings to activate windows [Solutions]. We hope that you found this guide useful. Just in case, if you still have some queries, then feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.