Skype serves as a great tool to stay connected with your friends and family. Even business accounts on Skype have helped workers and employers to manage their official communication with ease. You can video call, text, and even voice call on Skype with your contacts.
But you may reach a point where you no longer need Skype or the purpose for which you created the account has been fulfilled or any other reason, you can delete it easily. The process of deleting your Skype account permanently is very simple and straight.
Let us see what steps do we have to take to erase our account on Skype.
What to do before deleting your Skype Account?
There are few things that you must do before deleting your account on Skype:
- Make sure that you have spent the credits held on your paid calls.
- You must also cancel your automatic recharge function if you had enabled it.
- You can have a back up of your contacts by exporting them to them to the contacts directory.
How to delete your Skype Account permanently
STEP 1: DELETE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM SKYPE
- Open Skype in your device and sign in. Go to the menu bar and click on your username.
- Then click “Manage”. You will be directed to your profile page on your browser.
- Here, you will see a Personal Information section where you have to click “Edit”.
- So clear all the data fed in your profile.
STEP 2: CHANGE YOUR SKYPE AVATAR
- The first step here is to log in to Skype and select Avatar under the Profile section.
- You can select the new image as you want.
- Lastly, delete your account from the login SCR
- Now, you have to type in Run and enter it. Then proceed further and type %appdata%\Skype. Now click on OK.
- Delete the folder created under your name in your Skype account.
Also Read: RARBG Torrent Proxy Sites And Mirror Sites
Permanently Close Your Skype Account linked with your Microsoft email account
If you have your Skype account associated with your Microsoft account, then you have to undertake some security measures before you delete your Skype account.
- First, go to the Mircosoft account deletion page and enter your email id, phone number, or your Skype username. Click “Next”. The following screen will appear on your device. Here you have to enter your password and click “Sign In”.
- The next page will ask you to verify your identity. For verification, you will get a code on your secondary email address. If you do not possess access to any of your email ids, then click on “I don’t have any of these”. Now, follow the instructions mentioned on the screen.
- Your email addresses will not be displayed completely for security reasons. To ascertain that you know the full email address, you will be asked to enter it in entirety on the next page. After that, you will have to click “Send code”.
- Go to your email address and check your code. On the following page, enter the code, and then click “Verify”.
- On the next page, you will be displayed all the outcomes following the deletion of your account. Read them carefully and if the consequences appear fine to you, click “Next”.
- The next page will ask you to check on every consequence related to the deletion of the account. This is done to verify whether you have read and understood the results of your actions. Then, you have to select the reason for deleting your account. This will be shown at the bottom of the page under the drop-down menu. Here, click Mark account for closure.
- You will have to wait for 60 days for getting your account completely deleted. This cooling period is given because in the meantime if you feel to retain your account, you can undo the changes by simply accessing Microsoft service using your account and activate your account your again.
How to delete your Skype for Business Account?
Our personal Skype accounts operate differently from business accounts. If you have created a Skype account for business, then you will have to contact your account administrator for deleting it. The Skype business accounts are managed server-side on the Office 365 administrator portal by the person in charge.
So, you need to reach out to the person who handles this in your office and get your account deleted.